The saying “you can’t sell your house the way you live in it” is a great motto for sellers to live by if they want to sell quickly and for top dollar. This means stepping back and looking at your property as a product and showcasing it in the best light to target the specific needs of today’s buyers. The following are some key points to consider when marketing your home for success in a competitive market.
1. Remove Distractions
- After decluttering and depersonalizing, find the proper balance of modern furniture and accessories that will enhance a room so that buyers can focus on it’s unique features, size and flow.
- Stage a room with just enough décor that isn’t distracting and helps buyers get an idea of what it would be like to live there with their own furniture in the space.
Kitchen Update and Staging by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
2. Boost Perceived Value With Basic Updates
- An expensive overhaul is overkill as it won’t necessarily yield a high return on investment.
- Basic updates and repairs such as bright white paint for kitchen or bathroom cabinets, new hardware, modern lighting, eco-friendly faucets and neutral wall color is all that is needed to suggest a home is in move-in ready condition.
3. Make It Memorable
- A vacant home in particular doesn’t leave a lasting impression on buyers who can’t visualize beyond what they see.
- Add key pieces of modern, clean-lined furniture, rugs, lighting and window treatments to fill the void with warmth and personality and make buyers that much more emotionally connected and more likely to make an offer.