We love holiday decorating using everyday decor paired with fresh seasonal accents to give mantels, tables and entryways unique, personal style. Below are three of our favorite holiday trimmings with tips that will inspire you to create warm and welcoming vignettes throughout your home this season.
And don’t forget that the PJ & Company team can help you decorate your home with less stress and added style for the upcoming holiday season! Call us at 203.640.3762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can create warmth and style to fit within your budget and schedule for the holidays.
- For unexpected elegant style, mix nature-inspired elements such as delicate twigs and birch wrapped candles with high-shine, gold and silver metallics and luxurious fabrics.
- Surround woodland or ceramic animals with glittery gold and mercury glass trees.
- Drape greenery on mantels with glass lanterns or hurricanes filled with sparkling ornaments and trinkets.
- Pair a chunky, wool cable knit throw with silky, beaded and faux fur pillows.
Classic Plaid Reimagined
For a traditional look with a twist, layer in texture by using on-trend tartan plaid pillows, bedding or dinnerware paired with animal print patterns and cozy faux fur fabrics.
Coastal Chic With Pops of On-Trend Blues
- Create a relaxed, beach vibe by using coastal elements in whites and creams paired with accents in an array of trending blue hues.
- Arrange shells, starfish and coral in a rustic wood bowl with touches of greenery and metallic accents.
- Consider a white Christmas tree adorned with an array of silk peacock blue ribbons and shimmery ornaments.
Holidays spent with friends and family is something we should all feel grateful for. So why not make your Thanksgiving guests feel extra special by setting an unforgettably welcoming table to gather around? Whether your style is casual or formal, we have some tips for setting the tone (and table) that’s right for you.
1. Use Warm, Rich Autumn Hues
Mix and match neutral dinnerware and table linens with pops of whimsical colors of the season – oranges, reds, yellows and browns. For a more formal and cohesive look, try to limit patterns and colors to no more than two.
2. Mix and Match Styles
For a modern twist, replace the traditional table cloth with natural woven placemats or chargers paired with more formal fine china and and glassware.
3. Use Elements With Different Textures
Add depth to your centerpiece by layering natural, rustic elements such as pumpkins, gords, twigs and pinecones with a mix of shiny silver and gold metallic votives and candleholders.
4. Be Creative For A Unique Look
Have fun by using items from nature in unexpected ways — spray pumpkins with copper or gold metallic paint, place fall flowers in gourd vases, attach a simple name tag to a colorful pear, use bark edged wood for chargers, ask guests to write what they are thankful for on small cards and hang from a bouquet of branches, etc.
Click here to visit our Thanksgiving Tablescapes Pinterest board
for more creative ideas!
PJ & Co. is turning 10 in Dec. of 2015! In honor of this milestone, we will be sharing a series of “Top 10” Decorating/Staging Tips in the coming weeks. Let us know on Facebook, Instagram or email which are your favorites tips for a chance to win a Complimentary Home Decorating Consultation in 2016!
- Mix and match different textures, patterns and styles for a modern twist
- Pair neutral colored placemats or table cloths with pops of bright colors
- Add a mix of gold and silver pieces for elegance and shine
- Incorporate rustic, natural elements in place settings
- Place fall flowers in unique gourd vases for centerpieces
- Spray pumpkins, twigs and pinecones with copper or gold metallic paint for a “wow”
- Try a simple pear with a name tag attached for a creative placecard holder
- Pair traditional fine china with contemporary flatware and glassware
- Add unique charm with pumpkin or turnip votive holders
- Replace the traditional table cloth with natural woven placemats or chargers
We love using a mix of mercury glass accessories to add sparkle and shine during the holidays…
Thank you to all who engaged in our two week long Holiday Decor Giveaway which ran on Facebook and Instagram. The lucky winner of the beautiful Pottery Barn Mercury Glass Hurricane valued at $50 pictured below is BETH COONEY FITZPATRICK!
Wishing you all a sparkling holiday season!
One of the most enjoyable parts of preparing for a Thanksgiving to remember is setting a beautiful, inviting table that friends and family will enjoy. We found some unique ideas to express a bit of creativity and spice things up by mixing in some interesting fall-friendly elements with basic floral arrangements and candles. Organic pieces that reference nature such as raw wood and twigs can be used as interesting accents in centerpieces. Burlap fabrics are a great material for runners and placemats combined with mercury votives and metallic accessories for a rustic luxe theme. Pumpkins, gourds, radishes and turnips can be repurposed as vases, votives and place card holders. All these ideas can really make your table a stand out with guests.
You can find additional ideas for expressing the bounty of the fall season on our Pinterest board by clicking HERE.