Simplify. Refresh. Brighten.
With the official start of the early spring selling season at the end of January, now is the ideal time to get a head start preparing your home for sale – before the market gets saturated in April and May. Our basic tips detailed below will help you to stand out from the crowd and sell your home quickly and for top dollar.
Family Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
We instantly brightened and updated this space by decluttering, replacing furniture, rug, lamps and other accents with fresh, modern styling.
- Declutter by removing anything that will distract buyers from seeing the unique features of your property.
- Depersonalize by packing up personal collections, family photos, newspapers, books, magazines, etc.
- Rearrange and put away excessive furniture pieces to make the room appear larger.
- If it’s been a while since the walls were painted, hide imperfections and outdated colors by repainting with a fresh coat of neutral colored paint.
- Remove old, soiled carpeting and replace with area rugs or hardwood flooring.
- Replace or refinish damaged and dull hardwood floors.
- Let in as much natural light and warmth as possible by opening curtains. Remove dated window treatments, clean and showcase the windows.
- Replace any light fixtures that are outdated and make sure all existing lights are working.
- Clean, dust, vacuum and deodorize so that all surfaces shine (consider hiring a professional cleaning service).