Has Spring Fever given you the urge to spruce up your home for a little “pick-me-up”? With these five tips, you can celebrate the season with simple updates to your decor without breaking the bank, or your back.
1. Bring The Outdoors Inside. Place a variety of natural garden-like elements such as potted plants, topiaries and moss covered balls on mantels, floors and shelves. Accessorize with beautiful botanical prints, fresh cut fern or boxwood clippings in glass vases, dried flower or pussy willow twig wreaths, ceramic bird figurines and plates which will make you feel closer to nature.
2. Add a Fresh Coat of Paint. Go brighter, crisper and cleaner for spring. Start by choosing one new color such as yellow or green for an accent wall and combine with complimentary accessories which will make the space feel instantly inviting and renewed. Try a fresh coat of a trending color such as Benjamin Moore’s Champion Cobalt for your front door or shutters for instant curb appeal.
3. Update Bedding. Now is the time to consider some new bedding for your master bedroom, guest room, or kids room. Layer your bed starting with white and add some of the freshest colors for spring — coral, turquoise, or butter yellow. And, if your bedding is in great shape, just add accent pillows, new shams, and large European size pillows to transform the look of your room.
Family Room Staged By PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
We chose bright green sheer curtains with pillows in turquoise, yellow and orange highlights
to give this room a fresh, nature-inspired look for spring.
4. Get Bold With Fresh Colors. Add color and texture to your family room by switching out winter pillows and window treatments with new spring colors and organic designs. Navy and white, orange and yellow, and linen pillows are great accessories to liven up any space. Don’t forget about your lamps which are also available in many different colors this season from green to orange.
5. Refresh Kitchen and Dining Accessories. Switch out dinnerware for ones with bright, garden-inspired patterns which pair well with lighter weight tablecloths and place mats in natural woven textures. Add new seat cushions, a geometric patterned rug in front of the sink and beach scented candles and you’ll be reminded that summer is just around the corner!