The following article written by Patti was posted on Berkshire Hathaway Home Services’ Blog on October 1, 2015.
Living Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
This small living room needed a “wow.” By renting modern furniture, accessorizing and laying a neutral area rug over the burgundy carpet we created a space buyers would love.
When trying to sell a home in today’s market, the key is to attract as many buyers as possible no matter what their taste or home decor style. Staging a home is an art that involves carefully de-cluttering, neutralizing and styling each room to enhance its architectural features and present it in the best light to capture and engage buyers. For many homeowners, that can be a daunting task since they find it difficult to look at their home with an objective eye.
The following are some of the reasons why hiring a professional home stager can make the difference between a property that sits on the market for too long and one that sells quickly for top dollar, without a price reduction.
1. Staging sets a home apart from the competition. In today’s competitive housing market, there is only one chance to make a good first impression. Regardless of price point, staging both vacant and furnished homes is important to initially capture buyer interest and take them from the online listing to the front door and ultimately selling quickly.
2. A buyer will be able to envision living in the home. A well staged home will help buyers emotionally connect to the property. They will also be more likely to stay longer during the showing and ultimately want to take it to the next level with an offer.
Family Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
The furniture layout in this family room did nothing to showcase the stone fireplace, hardwood floors or great windows. Rearranging the furniture, adding pops of color and a neutral rug made the room’s architectural details stand out.
3. Focus on enhancing a home’s features and layout. Architectural details and key features can stand out when a home is professionally styled and staged by choosing ideal furniture placement and updates. Whereas outdated and empty rooms put a spotlight on flaws or needed repairs.
4. Help make the experience less stressful for the seller. Selling a home is difficult both emotionally and physically. Each day without an offer is stressful and can become a burden — especially if a seller has carrying costs (mortgage, utilities, taxes, etc.). A professional stager will guide sellers through the staging process and once the home is ready, how to live in a staged home without becoming overwhelmed.
5. The entire process can be managed. Hiring a full-service stager who has a team of professionals on standby to manage all aspects of the recommended improvements and deliver the home ready for market is key. The staging team can coordinate a comprehensive and detailed plan to de-clutter, paint, repair, update and work closely with the sellers’ realtor to ensure the staging will capture the target audience. This convenience gives the seller less details to worry about.
Kitchen Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
This spacious eating area needed better organization and a fresh update. Decluttering, adding modern accessories and anchoring the table with a neutral rug provided a more engaging space for buyers.