Click here to check out some of our on-trend holiday decorating tips for the upcoming season in Design + Decor Magazine’s recent article!
The saying “you can’t sell your house the way you live in it” is a great motto for sellers to live by if they want to sell quickly and for top dollar. This means stepping back and looking at your property as a product and showcasing it in the best light to target the specific needs of today’s buyers. The following are some key points to consider when marketing your home for success in a competitive market.
1. Remove Distractions
- After decluttering and depersonalizing, find the proper balance of modern furniture and accessories that will enhance a room so that buyers can focus on it’s unique features, size and flow.
- Stage a room with just enough décor that isn’t distracting and helps buyers get an idea of what it would be like to live there with their own furniture in the space.
Kitchen Update and Staging by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
2. Boost Perceived Value With Basic Updates
- An expensive overhaul is overkill as it won’t necessarily yield a high return on investment.
- Basic updates and repairs such as bright white paint for kitchen or bathroom cabinets, new hardware, modern lighting, eco-friendly faucets and neutral wall color is all that is needed to suggest a home is in move-in ready condition.
3. Make It Memorable
- A vacant home in particular doesn’t leave a lasting impression on buyers who can’t visualize beyond what they see.
- Add key pieces of modern, clean-lined furniture, rugs, lighting and window treatments to fill the void with warmth and personality and make buyers that much more emotionally connected and more likely to make an offer.
Simplify. Refresh. Brighten.
With the official start of the early spring selling season at the end of January, now is the ideal time to get a head start preparing your home for sale – before the market gets saturated in April and May. Our basic tips detailed below will help you to stand out from the crowd and sell your home quickly and for top dollar.
Family Room Staged by PJ & Company Staging and Interior Decorating
We instantly brightened and updated this space by decluttering, replacing furniture, rug, lamps and other accents with fresh, modern styling.
- Declutter by removing anything that will distract buyers from seeing the unique features of your property.
- Depersonalize by packing up personal collections, family photos, newspapers, books, magazines, etc.
- Rearrange and put away excessive furniture pieces to make the room appear larger.
- If it’s been a while since the walls were painted, hide imperfections and outdated colors by repainting with a fresh coat of neutral colored paint.
- Remove old, soiled carpeting and replace with area rugs or hardwood flooring.
- Replace or refinish damaged and dull hardwood floors.
- Let in as much natural light and warmth as possible by opening curtains. Remove dated window treatments, clean and showcase the windows.
- Replace any light fixtures that are outdated and make sure all existing lights are working.
- Clean, dust, vacuum and deodorize so that all surfaces shine (consider hiring a professional cleaning service).
Happy 2017! We’re celebrating the New Year by announcing our
BRAND NEW REDESIGN PACKAGE
just in time for the early spring selling season that kicks off late January.
The PJ & Co team will help you stand out from the competition by redesigning the main rooms of your property in 1/2 a day. The service includes using your furnishings & accessories and supplementing with select items from our private inventory of merchandise. Cost is dependent upon size and scope of project.
For more info contact us at 203.640.3762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Holidays spent with friends and family is something we should all feel grateful for. So why not make your Thanksgiving guests feel extra special by setting an unforgettably welcoming table to gather around? Whether your style is casual or formal, we have some tips for setting the tone (and table) that’s right for you.
1. Use Warm, Rich Autumn Hues
Mix and match neutral dinnerware and table linens with pops of whimsical colors of the season – oranges, reds, yellows and browns. For a more formal and cohesive look, try to limit patterns and colors to no more than two.
2. Mix and Match Styles
For a modern twist, replace the traditional table cloth with natural woven placemats or chargers paired with more formal fine china and and glassware.
3. Use Elements With Different Textures
Add depth to your centerpiece by layering natural, rustic elements such as pumpkins, gords, twigs and pinecones with a mix of shiny silver and gold metallic votives and candleholders.
4. Be Creative For A Unique Look
Have fun by using items from nature in unexpected ways — spray pumpkins with copper or gold metallic paint, place fall flowers in gourd vases, attach a simple name tag to a colorful pear, use bark edged wood for chargers, ask guests to write what they are thankful for on small cards and hang from a bouquet of branches, etc.